ICPR 2022 Call for Tutorial Proposals
The ICPR 2022 Organizing Committee invites proposals for tutorials in conjunction with the 26th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, which is to be held at Montréal, Québec (QC), Canada during August 21-25, 2022. We seek tutorials on core techniques, application areas and emerging research topics that are of interest within the ICPR community. An effective and informative tutorial should provide a broad introduction to the chosen research area as well as in-depth coverage on selected advanced topics. Proposals that focus exclusively on the presenters’ own work or commercial presentations are not acceptable.
Guidelines for submitting proposals
- proposed title;
- names, titles, affiliations, emails, and brief bio sketches of the people delivering the tutorial;
- name and email of the lead person for communication and responsibility;
- preference for half or full-day event (the latter requires a brief justification);
- preference for on-site or on-line tutorial (the latter requires a brief justification);
- tutorial description with list of topics to be covered, along with a brief outline and important details; any innovative pedagogy employed; any hands-on participation, etc.;
- expected target audience, in terms of both composition and estimated number of attendees;
- list of citations and/or URLs to relevant publications and/or products of the tutorial presenters and other relevant related work;
- a description of how this proposal relates to tutorials/short courses appearing at ICPR (and also other major related conferences) within the last two editions; and
- description of and/or links to any planned materials or resources to be distributed to attendees.
Each proposal will be assessed based on its scientific merit, proposed structure, overall relevance, and how it complements the main conference.
|Submission of proposals||March 14, 2022 [11:59 p.m. Central European Time]|
|Notification of acceptance||April 11, 2022|
|Early bird registration deadline||June 6, 2022|
|Tutorials/Workshops||August 21, 2022|
|ICPR 2022||August 21-25, 2022|
ICPR 2022 will be responsible for:
Tutorial organizers are responsible for:
Costs and terms
Tutorials are free for all participants with full ICPR2022 registration. Participation in tutorials is limited to the room capacity. ICPR2022 participants who want to attend a tutorial should register for it and will be admitted on a first-come-first-served basis. ICPR 2022 reserves the right to cancel a tutorial if the responsibilities are not fulfilled by the proponent, or if too few attendees register for the event, or for any unforeseen reason.
ICPR 2022 Tutorial Co-Chairs:
- David A. Clausi, University of Waterloo, Canada, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Umapada Pal, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India, Email: email@example.com
- Markus Enzweiler, Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, Germany, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact the Tutorial Co-Chairs.